ACG Atlanta Announces New Board of Directors and Officers; Celebrates Chapter of Year Award
Monday, July 30th, 2018
The Atlanta Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth® (ACG), the global organization focused on driving middle-market growth, selected new officers and directors to serve on ACG Atlanta Board of Directors.
The following Directors at Large have been elected to serve three-year terms:
- David Calhoun, Partner, Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Hazen Dempster, Partner, Troutman Sanders, LLP
- Jesse Speltz, Business Development Executive, DHG, LLP
- Beth Turner, Partner, Cherry Bekaert, LLP
- Colby Schwartz
The following officers were also elected to serve a one-year term:
- Patrick Putman, Managing Director, CIBC Bank USA – Chairman of the Board
- Ann Cox, Executive Director, J.P. Morgan Private Bank – Vice Chairman & VP Membership
- Brittany Boals Moeller, Vice President, Goldman, Sachs, & Co. – VP Strategy
- Bob Pearlman, Retired Partner, BDO USA, LLP - VP Programs
- Scott Rhodes, Managing Director, CHILDS Advisory Partners – Treasurer
- Paul Broni, Senior Vice President, Bank of America Merrill Lynch – Secretary
Additionally, ACG Atlanta was named by ACG Global as one of the Chapters of the Year at Intergrowth 2018. “
“Each and every year, ACG’s chapter executives and volunteers work tirelessly to make the member experience a memorable and enduring one,” said Pat Morris, ACG Global President and CEO. “The three chapters selected had a banner year in delivering innovation, exceptional programing and networking opportunities to their members, which resulted in impressive membership growth and retention rates.”
In addition, Melanie Brandt, president & CEO of ACG Atlanta, has been selected as the recipient of the ACG President’s Award for Excellence and Achievement by an ACG Chapter Executive. The annual award recognizes a single ACG chapter executive for length of service coupled with outstanding performance as an association professional.
“The recent awarding of ACG Atlanta as Large Chapter of the Year was an exciting recognition by ACG Global of what we have been fortunate enough to see locally. Our chapter is the premiere networking organization for the middle-market business community. Our events are excellent, and our strong membership reflects the broad mix that is the middle-market in Atlanta and the Southeast. I’d especially like to recognize the hard work of our staff, especially Melanie Brandt whose management of the Chapter over the last five years resulted in her well-deserved receipt of the ACG President’s Award.” said Patrick Putman, Chairman of the Board of Directors.
“ACG chapters across the globe continue to outdo themselves every year,” said J.B. Dollison, ACG Global’s chairman of the board. “The Chapter of the Year and President’s award winners are shining examples of what it means to drive middle-market growth. This is the reason why midmarket M&A professionals have come to rely on our organization for networking and deal flow opportunities, as well as access to emerging best practices and thought leadership. That’s the power of ACG.”