AAA Joins the Fight Against Hunger By Partnering with Feeding America
Tuesday, December 1st, 2020
AAA – ACG believes in supporting the communities where their employees live and work, and understands that many Americans are facing extraordinary challenges right now. Hunger has always been an issue across the nation, and the pandemic has dramatically increased the need for food assistance in many communities.
“It is our duty and privilege to support our neighbors in need and we are grateful to partner with Feeding America to provide much-needed food assistance across our company’s 14-state territory,” said Joseph J. Richardson, President and CEO of AAA – ACG. “During these challenging times, food insecurity is a much bigger problem and we encourage others who can to join us in supporting this important need.”
This holiday season one in nine people are facing hunger here in America. Feeding America can help provide at least 10 meals with just $1, and AAA – ACG’s contribution will provide more than 2.5 million meals to people facing hunger.
“We are grateful for this donation especially as our food bank network continues to face enormous challenges,” said Lauren Biedron, Vice President of Corporate Partnerships for Feeding America. “We are responding to a near 60% increase in demand for food at the local level and this contribution is essential to helping us respond and feed families now and into the future.”
Since the onset of the pandemic, AAA – ACG has been active in helping first responders, hospitals and their patients, law enforcement, students and others by:
- Providing 6,000 meals to hospital workers, first responders, public health officials, grocery store and hotel workers
- Delivering medical equipment and supplies to hospitals and in-home patients
- Donating tablets so isolated hospital patients could connect with loved ones
- Delivering Kindles, care packages and supplies for isolated residents in retirement and assisted living homes
- Providing iPads to conduct virtual child safety seat installations/inspections
- Supporting distance learning needs for schools and students