Atlanta Braves Announce Art in the Park to Debut This Season
Thursday, February 7th, 2019
The Atlanta Braves announce Art in the Park will debut this upcoming season, with local artists from around Braves Country creating limited-edition posters. A new 12" by 18" Braves-themed piece will debut at the start of each home series and will be sold exclusively in the Braves Clubhouse Store at SunTrust Park, with a majority of the proceeds going to local arts programs through the Atlanta Braves Foundation.
"We look to create unique partnerships that continue to evolve our business but also positively impact the community," said Insung Kim, Creative Director of the Atlanta Braves. "The poster series allows us to build relationships with local artists and shed a spotlight on the thriving art community within Braves Country."
Here are a few of the artists who will participate in the 2019 series.
• Drew Findley, founder and owner of Subject Matter Studio (www.subjectmatterstudio.com), a full service graphic design studio based in Asheville, N.C. He has created concert posters for The Avett Brothers, Widespread Panic and Kings of Leon. Find him on Instagram at www.instagram.com/subjectmatterstudio/
• Brett Forsyth, co-founder of Yellowhammer Creative (www.yellowhammer.org), a multifaceted design and print studio based in Birmingham, Ala. Find Yellowhammer Creative on Instagram at www.instagram.com/yellowhammer_creative
• Justin Helton, owner and designer at Status Serigraph (www.statusserigraph.com) in Knoxville, Tenn. He's created designs for The Grateful Dead, Van Morrison, Phish, Dave Matthews Band, A&E Television and Nascar. Find him on Instagram at www.instagram.com/statusserigraph
• Angie Jerez, an Atlanta-based artist (http://www.angiejerez.net) working in painting, drawing, murals, and graphic design. She has a mural featured at Stacks Squares in Cabbagetown and as well as an outdoor piece at The MET. Find her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/_angiejerez
• Matthew Sharer, creator of Shurrrr and designer with Grand Palace (www.grandpalace.us) in Nashville, Tenn. He has created posters for Jason Isbell, Ray LaMontagne, Fall Out Boy and Dave Matthews Band. Find him on Instagram at www.instagram.com/grandpalace_nashville
• Sara Thomas, creative director and partner of The Half and Half (www.thehalfandhalf.com) in Columbia, S.C. They have done printing for Dave Matthews, The Avett Brothers and Leon Bridges. Find The Half and Half on Instagram at www.instagram.com/thehalfandhalf/